A. Procedure for bids:
Only affiliated chapters can apply for conference. The Hon. Secretary shall invite bids for the conference from affiliated chapters, in his Secretarial report in the month of august. Bids have to be on a standard Performa & sent to Hon. Secretary at least two months ahead of the annual conference, which is scheduled next year. Venue shall be selected by simple majority in GBM during the conference. The host chapter should be registered under Registration of Society’s Act 1860, is affiliated to MOA & have a PAN No. /GIR No. / Tan No. with Income Tax Department. The bid will be 2 years in advance.
B. Procedure for selection of Venue
I. Choice of City:
- Accommodation available: There should be adequate accommodation available for around 1000 persons. Some 3 to 5 star hotels in city are expected/preferred.
- Connection by Air, Rail & Road: The city preferably connected by Air to metro cities at least. It should have a major Rail head with good connections all over state.
- Tourist Spot: Although being major Tourist destination is not a must but it certainly attracts a bigger participation & is of definite advantages.
II . Choice of Venue:
- Central Auditorium: The main Auditorium should have capacity of 400 to 500 Hall should be good & it should preferably be air-conditioned with proper sound and acoustics.
- Satellite Halls :
- Minimum One satellite hall having capacity of 300 persons.
- 2 board rooms with capacity for 25 persons.
- Storage space for conference office.
- Dining Hall: An area adjacent to the main hall (within 100 meters of main Auditorium). An area of approx. 25000-30000 Sq. Feet would be required.
- Trade Exhibition: Another area of similar size or 2-3 long rectangular halls & adjacent to (100-150 meters) from Auditorium will be required for the trade exhibition.
- Location: The venue shall be preferably located centrally in the city or within 5KM. If more distance continuous transport facilities to the central point in the staying area, city area, should be arranged.
- Parking: Adequate parking space should be available around the venue.
- Lounge Space: The venue should also have some area for children & spouses.
- Registration Counters: Adequate space & persons should be provided.
- Security: The venue should be such that it can be cordoned off from general public & is safe.
- Toilets: Enough toilets.
C. Dates of MOACON:
The conference should be for minimum 3 days.
The dates for the conference will be preferably one week, previous or after Diwali but can be changed under extra ordinary circumstances. The CME shall be on 1st conference day & rest ALL programs shall be planned accordingly.
The team organizing the conference should be experienced & a short bio data of the key persons should be submitted with the bid.
The organizing secretary especially should fulfill the following criteria.
- Should have attended MOACON at the time of bid.
- Should have preferably been organizing secretary/chairman of organizing committee of at least one symposium or he should have organized at least one major state/national workshop/scientific activity.
D. Finance of Conference:
No of available registrations to be declared initially and update about registrations published on web site of MOA and officially informed to MOA office by Org Secretary every 15 days. Non MOA members will be charged double delegate fees from the beginning.
Budget proposals including registration fees tariffs collection from stalls etc, will presented to exe committee during MOACON meeting, previous year…
- Registration fees for main conference: The registration fee for members of MOA for MOACON should be just reasonable; it can be increased by 10% each year & rounded off to nearest 100 as per need depending upon local factors but only after sanction from MOA exe committee well in advance, during previous MOACON meeting. The registration fees for non-members will be twice the registration fees for members, late fees will be 25% of registration fees after one month of last date of regular registration & 50% after 2.5 months from last date of regular registration. Spot registration will be double the registration fees. Registration fees for postgraduate students will be 60% of normal registration fees. Provision of spot registration can be offered after consultation with Executive MOA cancellation policy decided by local org committee, after consultation with MOAexe committee.
- Incidental Charges: The incidental charges of MOACON will be decided by local org committee.
- Registration fees for CME program should be included in MOACON fees and no separate registration for CME.
- Registration fees for spouses & children over 8 years of age/ accompanying person. 80% of delegate fees, and should not be registered as delegate, as it increases the number of false registration while actual ortho delegates are less. (For spouses / children’s of non members it will be proportionately more)
- Registration fees for children below 5years – Nil.5-12 years 50% and above 12 years regular fees.
- Complimentary free registration: The following have to be given Complimentary free registration.
- President of IOA
- Hon. Secretary of IOA
- All Hon. Fellows of MOA(List to be obtained from Hon. Sec. /Treasure)
- All foreign guest speakers. ?
- All Indian guest speakers who are not member of MOA.
- Spouses of Foreign guest speakers if they are accompanying them.
- Invited dignitaries.
- MOA Members over 70 years of age.
Stalls, Souvenir sponsor ships & miscellaneous receipt.
- Local organizing committee can decide the tariffs for unit stalls. The decisions must be conveyed to MOA exe during MOACON exe meeting previous year.
- Tariffs for special stalls are at discretion of the local organizing committee.
- Concession for multiple stall is also at discretion of local organizing committee.
- Sponsor ships for various activities & at the discretion of local organizing committee. However all sponsorships have to be with approval of local budget committee.
- Tariff for Souvenir at the discretion of local organizing committee.
- Miscellaneous receipts like donations from local medical fraternity in the form of member of reception committee etc. at discretion of local organizing committee.
E. Scientific Program Of Conference:
Local scientific committee along with Organizing Committee and EXE committee MOA draw up scientific program for the conference, and will get final programme approved during July meet of MOAexe committee.
- Local body will decide theme of conference if any and scientific programme… scientific chairman should be in touch with executive committee
- Two sessions of free papers and one best paper session are mandatory
- Free papers should be 6 min +2 min and best paper 8 min + 2 min
- Full text submissions for best paper are mandatory… Rest abstracts are ok
- Transparent marking systems will be needed, methodology given below.
Criterion (marks allocated for criterion)
- Originality (5)
- Clarity of statement of aims of study (3)
- Clarity of definition of methods (5)
- Statistical methods (2)
- Relevance of discussion (3)
- Appropriateness of conclusions (3)
- Quality & Clarity of slides (3)
- Clarity of presentation (3)
- Appropriateness of responses to questions (3)
TOTAL MARKS 30
- 30 min to research methodology should be allotted each moacon
- Breakfast/evening sessions on interesting cases should be included
- Innovations in technology and industry should be given 30 min by way of asking for their papers and ppts… Allow them to make podium presentations of 4 min + 2 min…They should be having stall at conference.
- Posters to be electronic to save the costs… No restriction on numbers…
- All papers and posters proceedings to be published in JMOA… Guest lecturers is speakers allow and give material
- Have a veteran surgeon’s paper and young surgeon’s paper… Give them 10 min +3 min slot… Call for abstracts separately for these papers…Age criteria above 50 and less than 50 yrs and choose from them
- Quiz programme to be incorporated ………………….
MOA exe will decide everything about MOA activities like orations/Presidential guest lecturers/Time slot if requested by MOA office and it will be mandatory for local org committee to arrange for it. No other simultaneous activity should be arranged during MOAactivities.
(I) Orations: There are at present two orations of MOA & they should be given prime time during the conference. Ideally they should be slotted between 10 am to 12 noon on two days of main conference. There shall be no concurrent session during the orations. The Chairpersons of both orations shall be President& Secretary of MOA. Executive Committee will decide orators in consultation with scientific committee chairperson.
Hon. Secretary will write to orators for (their respective bio data) and details regarding day, date & time of oration. Chairperson will introduce orators and orator will speak about person in the name of which the oration is given. After oration, orator is felicitated by MOA President & Secretary. Sec MOA shall prepare & keep ready medallian for the felicitation.
Guest delivering oration/lectures.
EC to decide alternative arrangement.
- 1st Oration Saturday …Preferably imm. Past President of MOA, or MOA member approved by MOAexe. Committee.
- 2nd Oration Sunday …Preferably IOA President/NON MOA member approved by MOAexe. Committee.
- PRESIDENTIAL GUEST LECTURE-Decided by MOA EXE and the President MOA. II) Free Papers
Free papers will be invited from members/non members of MOA for presentation during the conference; each member can present only one paper as the first author. Presenter should be registered delegate.
Presentation will be under following heads:
- Oral Presentation
- Poster Presentation
(a) Oral Presentation: The central committee shall meet preferably in 4th week of August for selection of papers of oral presentation. Approximately 1/3rd of paper selected for presentation in conference shall be for oral presentation. Rest of them shall be for poster presentation. Criteria of selection of papers shall be circulated in the final announcement broachers for the conference.
The oral presentations shall be preferably grouped into scientific sessions according to regions/special techniques, special diseases etc. The duration of individual scientific session shall not exceed 120 minutes preferably 60-90 minutes. There shall preferably be 5 presentations for a 1 hour session. Each oral presentation shall be of 8 minutes with discussion 2 minutes & strict control shall be kept on time taken for presentation.
Best paper session containing 8-10 papers will be conducted in all MOACONs till 2017 and MOA will give cash prize of Rs.5000, to the best paper.
(b) Poster Presentation: Extra free papers selected for presentation will be invited to be presented as posters. The central committee reserves the right to recommend any paper for poster instead of oral presentation, & representation against this shall not be accepted. The organizing secretary shall make adequate arrangement for display of posters as well as for interaction of the author with delegates interested in discussing the posters & standard size of poster shall be 175cm. Vertical height 85cm. horizontal inclusive of the title, subject matter, photographs, posters in non confirming formats are likely to be taken down. The organizing secretary shall make basic arrangement for putting posters.
The big posters receives best poster award. The judge for the competition shall be selected. The authors of posters shall be present in the hall during the visit of judge – Time/Date of which shall be properly announced by local organizing secretary.
Chairpersons for Scientific Session: There shall be two chairpersons and one rapporteur for each scientific session. The Central Committee shall select these from amongst delegates of the MOA interest/experience in the field for which the session is devoted. A broad consideration for representation from all over the state shall be ensured for selecting the chairpersons/rapporteur. `The organizing secretary shall give a list of members from host chapter (included) in the list of chairpersons. Guidelines to follow during the onstage activity, for chairpersons, shall be notified, by local org committee in writing.
No time should be wasted in felicitations of any faculty and chairpersons. Memento should be given on one particular stall/in a gift bag.
c) Best poster MOACON : President / Hon. Secretary shall nominate a committee of 5 amongst senior members attending MOACON for judging the posters. The timing of the visit of the panel of judges to the venue of poster exhibition shall be notified to all authors of posters.
Awards shall be declared during the GBM of the same conference. The award may not be given to any member in case no papers / posters are found to be of a quality befitting the award. The judges shall testify to this effect. d) Award for best paper published in JMOA: Most commonly visited first three articles on web, online JMOA will be given cash prize of Rs.3000/2000/1000. Awards shall be declared during the GBM of the same conference.
CME of MOA:
Continuing Medical Educational Programme: This programme shall be held on the first day of the conference. The format of the C.M.E. shall be as follows: Registration: -08:00 am onwards Inauguration: 09:00 am
- Dignitaries on Dais
- President of MOA
- Hon. Secretary of MOA
- President of City/District
- Hon. Secretary of City/District
- Local Organizing Secretary
- Org. Chairman
- Programme :
- Welcome of Dignitaries
- Inauguration by President
- Introduction of topic by the coordinator
- Welcome of faculty members
- Presidents address
- Vote of thanks Main Programme: 09:30 am To 05:00pm (including lunch break) Local Org committee decides about CME programme only in consultation with MOAexe committee.
- Avoid repetition of speakers over the year & topics in next sessions.
- Encourage fresh talent from amongst younger members
- Awide state spectrum.
- Buffer time is advisable in each session of about 5-10 min. to take care of electricity & computer problems.
- Should avoid topic to be covered during the next two days.
- State Orthopedic Quiz: Orthopedic Quiz during MOACON is open for post graduate students only. Teams of 2 post graduates each shall be nominated by the individual medical college and informed through respective Hon. ‘Secretaries to the Local Organizing Secretary’ at least one month before the conference. The format for the quiz shall be decided by the local org committee and MOA exe committee. This responsibility of conducting quiz will be taken by one of the exe committee members.
- (a) Best teams will be selected for the National Quiz.
- (b) A team will be shown visuals and asked questions by rotation. Direct questions may also be asked without visuals. The exact format may be changed each year by the Chairman to promote interest.
- Medical Colleges / Teaching Institutes selected team will go to National Ortho Quiz on IOACON.
- (c) The conduct of the scientific programme of the conference is the most important aspect of organizing a conference. The Local Organizing Committee shall ensure that the facilities for proper audiovisuals, seating arrangements/drinking water/rest rooms, etc. are made available depending upon the projected number of participants for each event. Overcrowding at various venues leading to dissent amongst delegates should be avoided. IV) Pre-Conference Workshops: [Optional] The venue selected for workshop should be clean, have proper ventilation/air-conditioning, proper space for registration, catering, lectures, hands-on-workshop, demonstrations, etc. The venue should preferably be close to the venue of main conference. Total number of participants: There should be a limit to the total number of participants. Although this may vary according to requirements of workshop the maximum limit should be hundred. Participants should be given a choice and allotment should be on “first-cum-first-served” basis.
- For hands-on workshops there should not be more than 5 participants per table. For demonstrations by faculty members the number should ideally be less than fifteen on a table. Proper and adequate number of equipment should accordingly be arranged for demonstration /hands on.
- Course literature/hand-out goes a long way in encouraging participants to revise their knowledge afterwards and these should routinely from a major item of the delegate kit.
- Certificates for participation should be given at the end of the workshop. A copy of the video-recording of live demonstrations shall be submitted by the organizers for keeping in M.O.A. library, which can be made available on net our MOAweb site.
(G) Main Conference:
- C.M.E. / Orations/Conference Lectures are organized in plenary sessions. Main auditorium with a capacity of 600-800 and another about 250with audio-visual facilities for projection. A podium with M.O.A. emblem displayed on it. Green, Yellow, Red and reading light. A stand mike + a collar mike, laser pointer, clicker is essential for the speaker. A chairman’s table with 3-4 chairs, a table mike, sheet with the programme for the session to be announced by the chairperson, short bio-data of guest speaker, if any, in that session; a torch may sometimes be a handy addition. Switches with light controls for the podium green/yellow/red light to indicate lime to the speakers or timer on screen.
- Mementoes should be given in gift bag or on a separate stall. No time should be wasted during academic sessions to give memento to anyone except for orations and Presidential guest lecture.
- Two senior members of Local Scientific Programme Committee along with few Volunteers. IMPORTANT: Arrangements for generators & UPS in case of load shedding is mandatory and should be so arranged as to minimize time loss.
- At least two stand mikes and two cordless mikes be placed in strategic position in the hall for questions from audience. Concurrent Sessions may be held simultaneously in hall. Proper audio-visual facilities as for plenary sessions should be ensured. Proper signages should be placed at strategic places to help in location of various halls. Color coding of halls makes identification easier.
- Hospitality for dignitaries
(I) Office Bearers of I.O.A. :
The President, Hon. Secretary shall be offered Travelling allowance for attending the Conference. To and fro AC II sleeper if the journey is overnight, air fare if longer. This will be from the MOACON account. They will be given best of the local hospitality by local org committee on behalf of MOA.
- Foreign: No foreign guest speaker shall be paid International air fare from the accounts of the conference. They are given (along with spouse if accompanying best of the local transport facilities available, preferably by air and all kind of local hospitality by local org committee.
- Speakers of oration- are offered travelling allowance and local hospitality. General Hospitality:
- Reception at Airport / Railway platform: Reception counters with visible banners shall be put up on airport Arrival area / Railway Platform for delegates. The counters should have information regarding hotel / other accommodation. Basic facilities for transport to hotels/conference venue should be arranged by the organizer.
- Transport: Transport for all delegates from various officially designated hotels to the venue for main conference, workshops, banquet should preferably be arranged by the local organizer proper information of bus routes, and timings should be made available to delegates.
- Catering: Undue lavishness on this has to be avoided working lunch & lavish dinner, should be the practice, warm simple lunches on day of the conference should be arranged for the registered delegates, and families if registered. Arrangements for “round the clock” supply of tea / coffee either free or on payment may be made. Safe drinking waterat easily accessible spots should be placed outside each hall for scientific deliberations.
- A complimentary conference dinner shall be arranged following the inaugural function. Conference banquet shall be arranged on the main evening Saturday of the conference. This may be on payment and by prior registration.
- Accommodation: The conference brochure shall carry information regarding availability of various categories of accommodation. The local organizers shall reserve adequate hotel rooms well in advance to avoid difficulty to the delegates. Allotment will be subject to requests received before deadline, on first come first serve basis, and advance payment of one day tariff. Allotment, of course, shall be subject to availability of hotel rooms in that category. Proper liaison of accommodation committee with various hotels is essential to avoid inconvenience to delegates and over charging by hotels. Services of a travel agent may be utilized to organize accommodation.
- Social Event -An orchestra may be in arranged during banquet.
- Sightseeing: Local sight-seeing one/two day tours outside the city may be arranged in consultation with State Tourism Corporation. Local sightseeing especially programmes for spouses/children may be arranged. Complimentary packages for other tour at subsidized cost may be arranged through the Tourism Department/Travel agent.
- Announcements for the conference to be confirmed by MOA Sec. a) A stall shall be allotted in Trade Exhibition in the previous year’s conference for announcement, distribution of pamphlets and display of posters banners of the conference.
- Final announcement brochure containing the following information:
- Number of the Conference in Roman Letters.
- City & Venue
- Dates of the Conference
- Host Chapter
- Letter from President of host Chapter.
- Letter from local organizing President & secretary, MOA President and Secretary.
- List of Executive Committee of M.O.A. & IOAPresident &Secretary-names
- List of main organizing committee
- Proposed format of the conference
- Details of registration fees
- Information regarding free papers/poster presentation / video presentation
- Information of the C.M.E. programme including topic, names of faculty.
- Information of accommodation available with tariffs.
- Details of pre conference workshop.
- Information (including photographs) of tourist attractions in and around the city, various tours being planned etc.
- Information of Air, Rail and Road connections.
- Addresses/phone no. /Fax No. /e-mail addresses of key members of organizing committee.
- Information of reception and transport arrangements.
- Information regarding programme for spouses/children/social vents.
- Registration form, form for abstract, accommodation, return reservation, sightseeing tours, subspecialty meetings, pre conference workshop etc Important dates and deadline.
- Miscellaneous information.
- Disclaimer.-change of venue/programme etc, rights reserved with MOA.
(ii) Important dates/deadlines
Assuring that the date for the annual conferences would be fixed for prior or later week of Diwali.
- Dispatch of first announcement brochure – June. Brochures must have mention of MOA web site, mention of MOA exe committee and MOA President and Secretary as invitee along with Org President and Secretary.
- Last date for receipt of Abstracts –Last date for receipt of full papers/Registration without late fees –Last date for informing members regarding acceptance of papers for presentation –Last date for registration with late fees –these dates will be decided by local org committee.
- Last date for dispatch of final programme to all members – 20 th October
- All this information is conveyed to MOA office and web master every week by local org secretary and is updated on MOA website by web master.
- (iii) Methodology of Registration: The registration will be fully computerized. Organizers are free to allot registration numbers according to alphabets or to categorize them District wise. Whatever method is adopted, it should be reflected in a streamlined way on registration counters. The registration process should be so managed to enable fast processing and avoid unnecessary queries during peak registration hours at conference venue. Enough space should therefore be allotted for this purpose. The reply for registration, accommodation, sightseeing tours and receipts of abstract form should be sent a fortnight of their receipt by the conference Secretary. The information for acceptance/non-acceptance of the scientific paper should be sent latest. Delegates should be requested to quote registration number for all correspondence. Spouses/children should be registered under same registration numbers to avoid confusion.
- (iv) Registration fee structure: This has already been covered under receipts of conference.
- (v) Delegate kit: It is left to the local organizers to decide on the quality / size of delegate bags. The purpose is only to provide a handy bag to contain the following essential items.
- (a) Copy of the final programme
- (b) Meal coupons/ Breakfast coupons
- (c) Invitation to the inaugural function
- (d) Details of registration
- (e) Writing pad & Jotting Pen
- (f) Invitation to the banquet (if registered)
- (g) Delegate name badge
- (h) Information brochure of facilities likes transport arrangements, spot map of the venue, other miscellaneous information.
- (i) Conference Souvenir other complimentary are optional.
- (vi) Certificates: Participation certificates for delegates should preferably be distributed from the afternoon on the penultimate day of the conference. These shall be separate for the CME and the main conference. Those for the CME shall be given at the venue of the CME.
- (vii) Certificates to faculty members/guest speakers/chairpersons should be handed over immediately after the scientific session. The chairpersons shall also give certificates for oral presentation to all speakers at the end of the session. Certificates for poster presentations to be distributed in the hall for poster presentations. Scanned copy of the certificate is stored with local org committee and is provided in case of dispute.
- (viii) Souvenir: A Souvenir shall be brought out to commemorate the conference. The following information shall be included.
- (a) Messages from various dignitaries including the President/President-Elect/Hon. Secretary of MOA.
- (b) Presidential address
- (c) Secretary’s annual report
- (d) List of executive committee members of I.O.A. + M.O.A
- (e) List of Organizing Committee of the Conference
- (f) Final programme of the conference
- (g) Articles from various sources on Orthopaedics and general topics of interest.
- (h) List of donors
- (i) List of exhibitors
- (j) List of advertisers
- (k) Advertisements
- (l) Anecdotes/jokes/etc (optional)
- (m) List of past Presidents & Secretaries
I. Financial considerations
- (i) The projected budgetary requirements for the conference have to be put under the following heads:
- Approximate percentage of total Budget
- 1 Venue arrangements + establishment expenses including pandals. Trade exhibition stalls, registration counters, etc. 20%
- 2 Catering 20%
- 3 Audiovisual facilities 10%
- 4 Printing / Stationary 10%
- 5 Communication (Telephone/Fax/e-mail/letters) 5%
- 6 Accommodation + Transport (Dignitaries & others) 5%
- 7 Inaugural functions and other miscellaneous expenditure like gifts/mementoes 5%
- 8 Entertainment/sight-seeing/ladies programme 5%.
- 9 Administration : Salary to staff/office set-up etc. 2.5%
- 10 Miscellaneous contingency expenses 2.5%
- 11 Contribution to M.O.A. 50% of profit OR minimum 2 Lacs
- 12 Savings 5%
- (ii) Committee for Monitoring of Collections/Expenditure. A committee consisting of the local organizer members will monitor the collections/expenditure of the conference.
- The Hon. Secretary, MOA along with the Treasurer, local org committee shall monitor the collections and see that accounts are properly maintained. One of the signatories for the bank account will be Sec MOA. Along with registration charges stall charges are also informed to MOAexe. committee.
- (iii) Auditing & Submission of Account An auditor appointed shall audit the accounts. The Bank Accounts of the Conference shall be closed within 6months or April 30 next calendar year whichever is earlier, from the date of the conference and will be published in Sec report in the month of August.
- (I) Saving for the Conference: It is mandatory for the local organizing committee, to donate the approved percent of profit to the Association. 2 Lakh or 50% of the profit, whichever is more.
- The “Total Collection” shall also include the fund spent directly/indirectly on sponsorship of all activities related to the staging of the conference. This donation is in recognition of the Authorization to the host chapter by the Central Body to stage the conference, use of its logo, its name, and for advice and professional guidance given for two years in arranging for academic and other activities of the conference.
- Any savings over and above the mandatory donation may be donated to the M.O.A. if the host chapter so desires. It may however be divided equally between the District chapter and the city club for use for academic purposes only to benefit their members if may also be used for building up assets of the host chapter/city club in furtherance of the objects of the host chapter/city club.
- J) Inaugural Function
- The inaugural function of the Annual meeting of the M.O.A. is an official function and will be conducted under the supervision of President/Secretary of M.O.A. & Organizing Committee.
- (i) Venue and General Arrangements :
- If the venue should preferably be a hall with a capacity of about 300 to 500 main hall. If hall being used for the C.M.E. it should be vacated at least by 5:00pm so that necessary arrangement for inauguration may be made. The backdrop of the stage should carry the Emblem of the Association. Another emblem should also be used in front of the podium. These are mandatory requirements. The conference logo can also be used on the backdrop. Decoration on the stage is left to the discretion of local organizers but proper stage lighting and good public address system should be arranged. Tables are to be kept on sides for placing various awards. The same should be aesthetic. Wasteful expenditure should be avoided.
- (ii) Time: Minute to minute agenda is prepared meticulously. The inaugural function should usually commence at 6:00pm and the total duration of the main inaugural programme should not exceed 1 hour. A 60-90 minute cultural programme to highlight the culture of the host district may follow the inaugural function but is not mandatory.
- (iii) Dignitaries on the Dias : The total number of chairs will be 7 or 9 with following dignitaries being present
- President of M.O.A. & Secretary of M.O.A.
- Chief Guest
- Guest of honor
- President of I.O.A.
- Hon. Secretary of I.O.A.
- Organizing President
- Organizing Secretary The number of chairs may be increased to 9 to accommodate (lie following)
- Additional guest of honor.
- Head of the Teaching Institution if the conference is being held in a Medical College.
- President/Secretary district chapter holding the conference.
- (iv) Seating arrangements in the hall :
- (a) Front row on the side of the hall on the side of the podium to be reserved to Past Presidents & Senior Members of M.O.A.
- (b) Award winners for that year including Hon. Members of MOA.
Fellows to be seated immediately being them.
- (c) Centre front rows to be earmarked for V.I.P. guests including Chief Guest/President of MOAand spouse, etc. Foreign Faculty (if any)
- (d) If the venue of conference is a Medical College few rows behind to be kept reserved for heads of various departments in the Medical College. If not, they can be reserved for senior members of MOA.
- (e) Front rows opposite the podium to be reserved for media persons/organizing committee.
- (v) Master of Ceremonies/Conduct of Proceedings : The master of ceremonies for this solemn function should be a senior person (male and /or female) who has experience of conducting such functions. He or she must realize the importance of time and that it is an official function. Unnecessary anecdotes, fanfare should be avoided and the conduct of proceedings should be professional.
- (vi) Speeches/activities and their sequence: The following will be the sequence.
- (a) Delegates/Guests are requested to take their scats by 5:45pm (To be mentioned on the invitation card for the function)
- (b) The President and Hon. Secretary of MOA along with I.O.A. President and Secretary will receive the Chief Guest at the entrance and escort him/her to the hall.
- (c) The master of ceremonies will request dignitaries to take their seats on the dais (to be escorted by members of organizing committee)
- (v) Hon. Secretary of M O A
- (vi) Secretary I O A
- (d) Proceedings :
- (I) Welcome to dignitaries by floral bouquets. (2 minutes)
- (II) Welcome Speech: -Chairman Organizing Committee or Organizing Secretary (5 minutes)
- (III) Inauguration of Conference: Lighting of Lamp (5 minutes)
- (IV) Hon. Secretary’s Annual Report (7 minutes)
- (V) Presidential address (5 Minutes)
- (VI) Release of Souvenir by Guest of honor + speech (5 minutes)
- (VII) Speech by the Chief Guest (10 minutes)
- (VIII) Votes of thanks by organizing secretary/Jt. Secretary (3 minutes)
- (IX) National Anthem (1 minutes) vocal standard one, (Preferably a team of singer to lead) Recorded standard one, vocal only. The main function may be followed by short cultural programme to be followed by High Tea/Conference Dinner.
J. Valedictory Function:
The valedictory function is also an official function of MOA and will be conducted by the President of M.O.A. / Hon. Secretary of MOA. The duration of the function should be kept as short as possible. (Preferably 30-45 minutes)
- (I) Venue and general Arrangements: The venue wills the main hall of the conference. The dais will have seats for the following:lip>
- (a) President of M.O.A.
- (b) Hon. Secretary
- (c) Org. Committee Proper public address system is essential. A podium will also be required.
- (II) Time: It will be from 11am to 11.30 am on the last day of the conference. No special seating arrangements are required. An interesting scientific/non scientific programme should be arranged after that so that it will help to improve attendance
- (III) Conduct and sequence of proceedings: A representative from the organizing committee will invite the dignitaries to the dais. The President& Secretary MOA shall conduct the proceedings in the following order,
- (a) Declaration of results of Best Papers / Awards
- (b) President gives his comments regarding the conference and Its organization.
- (c) President& Secretary MOA invite delegates to speak on their experience during the conference.
- (d) Reply to the feelings of delegates by the Organizing Secretary.
- (e) The President announces the end of the conference with an invitation for the next annual conference.
- (IV) Modifications: Some changes may be made in this format to suit local circumstances, only after prior intimation and permission of MOA exe committee.
K. Trade Exhibition:
A trade exhibition will be organized during the conference, which will usually consist of unit stalls of 3 mts X 3 mts. A brochure with details of sponsorship may be brought out by the organizers giving details of the various stalls on offer, their configuration and the tariffs. Special categories of stalls may be charged extra and concession given for multiple stalls. Complimentary stalls to sponsors of other major activities of the conference may be given.
Proper lighting arrangements, ventilation, adequate walking space, fans, etc should be ensured. One power point, tables and chairs will have to be provided in each stall. The local org committee should appoint one person who will help the stall members to deal with local octroi department. The rules regarding octroi must found out from local authorities and must be given in writing to the stall member at the time of stall booking
Provision of lunch coupons (2 complimentary per stall and extra on payment should be the usual norm.) Companies/Firms hiring stalls should give an undertaking that there will be no liability to local organizers.)Dinner coupons, max 2, after full payment of banquet fees, to the owner/MD/CEO of the company who has purchased stall in trade exhibition with name of that person, which will be strictly non transferable.
In case of loss of property/injury/insurance of life due to any accident in the trade exhibition. Safety against theft/accidents, etc. should however be ensured by local organizer. A short term insurance policy covering the period of 10 days prior to 10 days after the Conference for any such eventuality will have to be made by local organizers to ensure against litigation. The venue of the trade exhibition should ideally be adjacent to either the scientific halls or the dining pedal to enable delegates to visit the same.
Serving of beverages, etc inside the trade exhibition should be preferable banned. Similar unethical, improper activities should also be banned. Sale of products should not be permitted as the same is governed by sales tax laws octroi etc. The trade exhibition should also offer complimentary stall for the organizers of next year’s conference for providing information about progress of preparations. “Locker Room” It is desirable to have a facility for the companies to keep their valuable equipment safely for the night. General Insurance policy may be considered by Organizing Committee to cover mishaps & damage due to natural calamities & from other causes.
M.O.A. Office, at MOACON.
A big room should be provided at a convenient and prominent area within the conference Premises for establishing the MOA office where members can carry out their business & election with MOAoffice staff. The following facilities are to be provided by organizers in this office.
- Table and Chairs of 5 to 10 people.
- Full size steel cupboard to keep important documents / certificates / articles etc.
- Computer with printer along with computer operator.
- 3-4 volunteers.
- Basic office stationery.
- Drinking water
- Notice Boards
- Two Boxes to put ballot papers.(up to year 2013) Notice boards at other prominent places, like entrance to various halls may be required for display of MOAnotices.
M. Other Official Programmes Of MOA During MOACON
Executive Committee Meeting: (MOACON Meeting) The executive committee meeting shall be held either on the day of the Pre-Conference Workshop or on the day of the CME Programme. Timings: 2:00pm onwards
(ii) Arrangements for executive meeting during MOACON: A room big enough to accommodate 15 persons (B) 89 preferably in a “round table fashion” with tables/chairs arranged accordingly. A public address system with drinking water shall be arranged. If circumstances require, lunch/tea/etc may be served at the site of the meeting. iii) General Body Meeting, Arrangements: The meeting will be conducted on the 1st day of main conference-Saturday, from 6:00pm onwards. Venue will be the main hall. A dais to seat President, Vice-President, and Hon. Secretary will be required. A public address system with table mike on Dais. 2 stand mikes in the aisle and 2 cordless mikes in the hall will be required. Arrangement for drinking water outside the hall should be kept. Volunteers should be present. If requested by the MOA office bearers a computer with LCD Projector, Tape Recorder should be arranged for instant projection of resolutions being put Protocols for these may have to be framed as and when the need arises.
Protocols for other Scientific Activities of MOA:
The President may obtain concurrence from executive committee members.
Protocol for appointment of office staff:
(a) Procedure for selection: The clerk will be appointed after an interview by Secretary. Job/appoint shall be on contract basis & not employee relationship. Salary shall be fixed and revised as per labor laws
Protocol For Functioning of the MOA Office :
- (a) Maintenance of Records: All records of the Association will be under the custody of the Hon. Secretary. He will supervise their maintenance situated at Secretary with clerk. Proper numbering and storing shall be ensured for easy retrieval as and when required. While all files concerned with the term of the current Hon. Secretary may be maintained at his residence for convenience all important documents and files related to previous Secretarial terms shall be kept in the MOA Office.
- (b) Correspondence: While correspondence on important policy matters and decisions to be taken shall be carried out by the Hon. Secretary, routine correspondence like change of address, non-receipt of secretarial report/Journal membership dues, etc. will be done by the clerk with fortnightly / monthly reports to the Hon. Secretary. In case of any difficulty clerk may consult Hon. Secretary before replying. A copy of all letters sent out by clerk may be sent to President. In case of any difficulty members may write to the President directly also. All correspondence for the secretarial report/Executive Committee meetings/ General Body meetings, suggestion, etc. shall be addressed to Hon. Secretary. All correspondence for fellowships /Grievances/ CPA related issues to be addressed to the respective moderator.
- (c) Accounts: The Secretary shall maintain all accounts of the association and get the same audited annually. He shall present the accounts every 6 months in the executive committee meetings and also the Annual General Body Meeting for approval. He shall prepare a budget for the forthcoming year and get it approved by the executive committee. The office clerk under the supervision of Hon. Secretary shall be responsible for maintaining all records concerning accounts. The accounts will be operated as per constitution
- (d) Membership lists and updating of same: The clerk shall maintain and update the list of life members of the Association and their updated addresses. A list of change of addresses of members shall be notified every month by the clerk to the Hon. Secretary/Editors of the journal to enable proper receipt of letters/Journals by the members.
- (e) Maintenance of memorabilia of the MOA: All important memorabilia of the Association including photographs of events, photographs of Past-Presidents, gifts to the Association, important documents, etc. will be kept with Secretary Office. All running trophies shall also be returned to Secretary Office for safe keeping and brought back to the venue of Annual Conference. The memorabilia may be properly displayed for benefit of visitors to Secretary Office. Secretary will maintain web site of MOA and will update it from time to time. Protocol for maintenance of assets / Securities of the Association and continuity in transfer of records/ assets to incoming office bearers following elections All assets of the Association as mentioned in 8(a) shall be under custody of the Secretary. All records for accounts of the Association as well as details of accounts of Annual / Conferences shall also be with the Secretary. These shall be handed over to the next incoming Secretary within 20 days of new Secretary his taking over the office. Proper record of such taking over charge shall be maintained in a register. In 1st week of April all files pertaining to the three-year term of the Hon. Secretary shall be transferred to new Secretary Office on the completion of the term of office of outgoing Hon. Secretary and charge given to Administrative Officer. The incoming Hon. Secretary shall study all such files with one month of his assuming the office. All such records are to be properly catalogued numbered and stored for easy retrieval as and when needed. All correspondence and files from the Secretary office shall also be returned to new Secretary after the term of the Secretary and stored year wise in the Secretary office for information and guidance of future Secretary within 3week, failing to do so the secretary will be barred for holding any post in office of MOA for 3 years, starting on 1 April, when next Sec starts his tenure. f) Funds for the journal: i) The editors shall prepare a tentative budget for the forthcoming year and get it approved by the executive committee and General Body. Major portion of the funds shall be raised from advertisements. The editors/co-editor/editorial board members shall be responsible for raising funds through advertisements. ii) Function of the Editorial Board with duties of Editors/Coeditor/Editorial Board Members iii) Meetings of Editorial Board: On line meeting of editorial board. Webmaster and Editor invited to exe meeting if required. Co coordinator will represent them in exe committee. iv) Collection of Advertisements: The exe committee in consultation with Web master and Editor will decide about charges for advt. on web site and journal MOA.
Q) Executive Committee Meetings:
Every member of Executive Committee is expected to host one E.C. Meeting in his tenure.
(a) Drawing up an agenda: The Hon. Secretary shall draw up the agenda for the meeting and may send it to the President for approval. After approval the final agenda shall be circulated by post along with announcement for the meeting to all members of executive Committee. “Agenda notes” or short background regarding various items on the agenda may also be sent for first hand information of members so that they come prepared for discussion. The agenda should consist of :
- Obituaries, if any
- Confirmation of minutes or last executive committee meeting.
- Hon. Secretary’s Report
- Financial report (interim of final) of previous conference by Organizing Secretary who shall be a special invitee to the meeting during conference.
- Budget proposals for next Conference & preparations. Report by Organizing Secretary who shall also be a special invitee. (In case conference venue is already decided in last AGM)
- Reports of the Fellowship.
- Report of forthcoming events in collaboration of MOA.
- Report of editor or Co-Ordinator
- Report of Web –Master or Co-Ordinator
- Affiliation & Best Chapter Awards.
- All other important matters requiring concurrence of Executive Committee for running of the Association.
- Important issues raised by Executive members / other members, which the President / Hon. Secretary feel important for discussion.
- Progress report of all programmes undertaken.
- Report of web site
- Finalization of speakers for orations in next MOACON.
- Preparation of MOACON.
- Letters received by Secretary & action taken.
- (b) Frequency of Executive Committee Meetings:
- (i) April meeting- New committee takes over new President takes over and stars his functioning.
- (ii) July meeting- Audited accounts. Agenda for GBM Secretary Report, Election programme is finalized.
- (iii) MOACON Meeting- on CME day, 2PM onwards as imp issues related with GBM and other urgent issues are discussed.
- (iv) January meeting- Venue visit, venue confirmation, welcome to new member’s farewell to retiring members and MOU signing between MOAand local org chapter/org committee.
- (c) Venue, Date and Time: Decided by Secretary in consultation with host, informed to all exe members and invitees if any.
- (i) Adequate seating arrangement (Approx. 20)
- (ii) Display of agenda / Agenda notes on notice board. Adequate photocopy of agenda/agenda notes for the members.
- (iii) Photocopies of other documents if required.
- (iv) Public address system along with and extra cordless mike (optional) Tape Recorder.
- (v) Note pads/ball point pens for all members.
- (vi) Arrangement for lunch for all members.
- (vii) Punctuality shall be maintained for commencing the meeting.
- (viii) Attendance shall be maintained in a register and report with the Hon. Secretary.
- (ix) The President of the M.O.A. shall conduct the meeting with assistance from Hon. Secretary who shall advice him on all issues.
- (x) Each item shall be discussed for 5-10 minutes according to importance. In case of difference of opinion the Hon. Secretary shall formulate a resolution on which there shall be voting by raise of hands. The resolution may be carried or defeated by a simple majority.
- (xi) On all issues the verdict of the President shall be final. He shall have the privilege to continue a discussion or ask for a majority vote.
- (xii)The minutes of the meeting shall be written by one of the exe members. Where ever possible exact language of the resolution shall be taken down. The proceeding of the meeting shall also be audio and or video recorded for future reference and clarifications.
- (d) Follow-up action after the Executive Committee Meeting :
- 1. The minutes of the meeting shall be properly finalized by Hon. Secretary and these shall be circulated to all members in the Secretarial Report. The Hon. Secretary, who shall write to all concerned, shall carry out action on all decisions taken in the committee. Work delegated to Executive Committee members by President/Hon. Secretary should be completed and “action taken” report submitted within a certain time frame.
- 2. The minute’s exe and AGM shall be properly finalized by Hon. Secretary before the General Body meeting and shall be duly approved by exe committee before presentation in the General Body Meeting.
- (e) Extra-Ordinary Executive Committee Meeting: May be called by President at any time preferably with a minimum 15 days notice. This shall be for urgent matters, which cannot be put off till time for regular meeting. Honorarium may be given to members attending the meeting.
R) General Body Meeting:
- (a) Drawing up an agenda
- 1. Obituaries.
- 2. Confirmation of Minutes of previous General Body Meeting.
- 3. Confirmation of minutes of Extra-ordinary extraordinary GBM
- 4. Hon. Secretary’s Report
- 5. Audited accounts of MOA.
- 6. Honorary Fellowship of M.O.A.
- 7. Ratification of membership of new applicants.
- 8. Confirmation of Best Chapter award.
- 9. Venue of MOACON to be held.
- 10. Report of progress of next MOACONif decided in last AGM
- 11. Report of previous conference.
- 12. Declaration of result of election, administration of Oath and exchange of jewels by Presidents.
- 13. Speech by outgoing and incoming Presidents.
- 14. Any other matter with the permission of the chair.
- (b) Venue, Date & Time: The main Hall, at MOACON venue. On the second day of Main Conference i.e. Saturday usually from 06:00pm onwards.
- (c) Procedure for informing members: The Hon. Secretary shall circulate the agenda in the month of August in the News Letter.
- (d) Arrangements to be made : Responsibility: Organizing Secretary of MOACON, will do the armaments for GBM The main hall of MOACON shall be the venue of the meeting with capacity for seating 400 to 500 persons. About 8 chairs with a podium for MOAofficials shall be required on the stage. Extra tables will be required for documents. A public address system with table mike on podium, two stand mikes in aisle and at least 2 cordless mikes will be required. A computer with computer operator, an L.C.D. projector with screen shall be used for display of resolutions. Few volunteers shall be in attendance for helping the Hon. Secretary. Drinking water outside the hall shall be made available. An electronic timer, if possible shall be made available in the Hall.
- (e) Video Recording of the GBM is to be arranged by local org sec MOACON and must be deposited to MOA office in the form of CD within 2weeks period.
OATH OF OFFICE
I Dr._______________________________________ having been elected to the office of __________________________ of the Maharashtra Orthopaedic Association do solemnly take this oath in the name of Almighty God to maintain the ideals of the Association. The interest of the Association will always be supreme for me. I will hold in secret all documents/knowledge information regarding the affairs of the Association. I will work for the benefit of the A